Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Far Better Place

A Far Better Place

During one of my bouts with insomnia this week, I discovered the following words of scripture, which I had never before noticed which promises that "the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise" (Alma 37:45),

This scripture is especially significant to me right now, as I so long to be in a better place, in which I'm not subject to abdominal pain, chemo side effects, surgical scars, and doctors' schedules. I love the song by Faith Hill,"There Will Come a Day" (which I remember her singing in a fund-raising performance post 9-11), which states that "there's a better place where a Father waits, and every tear He'll wipe away."


This song points to Revlations 21:4, which reads:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I also love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's rendition of "Bound for the Promised Land" which looks forward to the day that "sickness, sorrow, pain and death are felt and feared no more."


I know that this day will come, and this hope is what propels me forward in my fight.

1 comment:

  1. Aha! There's that Motab I've been waiting for. While this entry is depressing, it's honest, which is important that you document both your highs and your lows.

    ReplyDelete